Children and young people
If you live in Trafford and are under 25, we offer a free service which provides support, guidance and information to children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
If you're having problems with your education we can give you some help, support or advice to help sort it out. We may also be able to help with health or social care issues if they are related to your education.
- help you understand what is going on if you need us to
- make sure that people hear and understand your views
- give you information and options
- attend meetings with you if you want us to
- put you in touch with other people who can help
- give you independent and impartial advice.
- make decisions for you
- tell you what to do
- pass on what you tell us if you don't want us to. (If you tell us something which makes us think you are at risk we may need to talk to someone else about that)
We can help you if you're in school, further education or training. If you are a higher education student, we can point you in the right direction of where to get support.
You can contact us by email email@example.com or telephone: 0161 912 3150.
Our advice line is open between 9.00am and 12pm Monday to Friday. At other times you can email or leave a phone message and we'll get back to you.
Our service is free and confidential.
It's usually best to talk to your parents or carers before you talk to us − but you don't have to.