Trafford Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (Trafford SENDIASS) provides impartial information, advice and support to children and young people with SEND, as well as their parents and carers.
We provide free, confidential, impartial advice and support to parent carers, children and young people age 0-25 in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) who live in Trafford.
We can also support you with:
- The law around SEND
- Education health care plans (EHCP)
- Resolving any disagreements
- Health and social care in relation to special educational needs provision
- Transition post 16 - Preparing for adulthood
- Personal budgets
- Information on the Local Offer (Services and provision available for those with SEND)
- Read our full service offer
The work we do is underpinned by The Children and Families Act 2014 and the SEND code of practice, which are intended to strengthen the participation of parents, children and young people.
Trafford SENDIASS is available all year-round on 0161 912 3150, our helpline is open from 9am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday. We also have a 24-hour answer machine, and if you leave us a message we will aim to get back to you within three working days.
You can also contact us using our online referral form.
If you need to speak to somebody outside our office opening hours, you can also call the national helpline run by Contact on 0808 808 3555 which is open from 9:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.