Parents and carers

This section provides independent information, advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

We aim to ensure that you feel more informed and are able to be fully involved in decisions relating to special educational needs provision. Understanding the current law for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities can be very challenging for parents and young people.

A key part of our role is to enable you to understand the processes as fully as possible so you are empowered to make the right decisions. Whether you require someone to talk to about a specific concern you are having or more general information and advice about special educational needs and disabilities processes, we are here to help you.

Getting support

Further information on how to get support if you think your child/young person may have SEN including EHC Needs Assessments and Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP).

Deciding on a school

Information and advice about deciding on a new school including what to look for when visitng a school and questions to ask. 

School related anxiety

Support if your child/young person has missed a signification amount of time at school because of school related anxiety.

School exclusion

Information on what you should do if your child/young person has been suspended/excluded from school.

How to contact us

Accessing our service is easy. Telephone or email our advice line where a trained support worker will discuss your enquiry and establish with you what support you require. Someone else can make the initial telephone call for you, providing you have given your full consent. This could be a practitioner currently connected with you and your family.

View our contact details 

Links to useful websites

Trafford SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (Trafford SENDIASS) is not responsible for the content of any websites that are listed here.